Protocols for the Reopening of Calvin Presbyterian Church
The following protocols are in response to the Covid-19 Pandemic and taking into consideration provincial health guidelines on social distancing, the guidelines of the Presbyterian church in Canada and other measures to reduce the risks of transmission. At Calvin Presbyterian Church we take the health of our members and visitors seriously.
First, please stay home if you or any member of your household is sick. We will still provide online worship service. Attending in-Church Service is something you should consider if you are comfortable doing so.
Congregants must sign-up by email or phone-in to indicate their attendance of Church Service by Fridays 10:00am. The first forty (40) congregants who have signed-up will be allowed into the Sanctuary on Sunday morning. Those who register late will be considered first for the following Sunday. This ensures fair access for all.
*Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 604 859-6902
Secondly, it will be a multi- phase reopening. Session invite your thoughts and comments. We will move into the next phase of reopening when provincial health officials and the Presbyterian Church in Canada introduce new guidelines.
*There will be a second in-Church Service if there is demand.
Finally, let us, please, encourage one another. It may be inconvenient for you to follow the protocols. However we all miss the worship and fellowship in our church family. Whether you stay home or come to church on Sunday for worship, let us continue to encourage one another in Jesus’ name.
Phase ONE of Reopening
- All congregants must wear mask while in the Sanctuary, the gathering space, or any part of the Church building.
- Congregants must wear mask while singing in the course of the Church Service.
- Forty (40) congregants will be allowed in the Sanctuary at a time.
- Hand sanitizer must be used before you enter the Sanctuary.
- Congregants will enter and leave the Sanctuary after service in an orderly manner to keep to the required two (2) meters social distancing. Please follow traffic arrows.
- Offertory plates will be placed at the entrances to the Sanctuary. Please place your offertory in the plates as you enter the Sanctuary.
- All pews will be marked to ensure that we keep to the required two (2) meters social distancing.
- Families and people who live in the same household may sit together in the Sanctuary.
- Children will remain with their families during children’s time.
- Kids Connect is suspended.
- Handshakes are not allowed in the Church premises.
- All the pews and door handles will be sanitized after Church Service.
- There will be no coffee hour.
- Congregants may socialize after Service as long as they maintain social distancing and wearing masks.
- Only the washrooms down the hall past the Church Office will be used. Follow arrows and maintain social distance, and wipe down all surfaces with the wipes provided after use. It is advised that parents must accompany young children to the washroom.
- Parents who use the nursery must follow the protocols there and wipe down all surfaces and toys used.